Banner

San Francisco Vacation                                                                     30th of April to 13th May 2017

Friday 12 May 2017

Anything can happen Friday


Last day today so Jane went off to look round the shops and I went urban hiking (otherwise know as walking up some very steep hills). We stopped off first at Union Square for a coffee then I walked Jane over to the Cheesecake Factory in Macy's.

View from Ina Coolbrith Park
I then headed off to Market Street and caught a bus to California Street then walked around there for a bit before I got on the 12 bus to Taylor Street and a short but very steep walk up through to Ina Coolbrith Park which gives a fantastic view over downtown. Not far from here is the Cable Car Museum so walked down to have a look round there before heading off again. This time I couldn't be bothered to get the bus so walked around the side streets looking for some good photo opportunities and video some of the cable cars going past. By now it was mid afternoon and I'd only been in 2 pubs since getting here so walked back through Chinatown and was planning on going into Murphy's bar but ended up in Topsy's which worked out better because your close enough to Starbucks to log onto their WiFi. I stayed here longer than planned but only had a couple of beers then headed across the road to Murphy's Pub for a couple more.

At the pub
Think I've finally found a place to eat out at tonight, I don't normally dine at restaurants with tablecloths and chairs that are not screwed to the floor but you only live once as they say but at 6.30pm Friday with nobody in there we gave that a miss, there's usually a good reason for place being empty when everywhere is busy so went back into Murphy's bar for fish and chips and I had mac and cheese. Then it was time for Jane to pack the bags while I went out and bought one more hoodie from the shop, it took some searching to find my size as I seem to take a large here for some reason but it would seem most of the tourists are from Japan so that might explain the sizing. So that was it, I was back at the hotel at about 11 pm to get some sleep as we would need to leave about 9 am tomorrow for the 1 pm 10-hour flight home.